Sunday, November 21, 2021

Mr. Weaverface sings Jesus Is Alive

 What I love best about discovering new Christian musicians is that you never know what to expect about their music or their testimony. Check out this eye doctor's story and how conversion in Christ led him to song.

Please tell us about your musical journey in Christ. How long have you been making music? Any formal training? Professional experience? 

Long story. Started taking piano lessons at the age of five. Transitioned over to teaching myself guitar in my late high school/early college years. Wrote songs and played at open mics, coffeehouses and a couple of 3-piece rock bands in my 20's (Human Alloy and Mercy Nation). The Lord called me to play on the worship team at my church, Community Evangelical Church in Sinking Spring, PA, and I've been singing and playing guitar for worship for the past 12+ years. I went through a spiritual warfare battle a couple of years ago, and I felt that the Lord was calling me now to write Christian rock songs. So, I went into the studio last year and recorded 5 songs about my experience with Jesus' power, and I hope that something great happens with these songs for God's Glory!

What music inspires you the most (Christian or secular)? Name your favorites

My secular musical influences are Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins, Our Lady Peace. By listening to Spotify more recently, I'm starting to discover new Christian rock bands. I enjoy Remedy Drive, Devin Williams, Everything in Slow Motion, The Birdsongs and I'm still discovering others. So much good, undiscovered music out there!

How has making music made a difference in your Christian walk? 

Worship is important for a relationship with Jesus Christ, so I believe that it's solidifying that relationship. I'm also a very creative person, and finishing a song for the first time is a great, satisfying experience!

What do you do to stay sharp with your God given skills? Do you have a daily routine? 

I play most weeks for my church's worship team. I also play guitar at home and write music when I can. It gets busy with being an eye doctor owning my own practice. Being married with two young daughters also keeps things busy on the homefront.

What projects are you working on now? What are your hopes for them? 

Well, I just finished 5 songs in the studio. They are mixed and mastered and ready to go. I hope the Lord uses them for His Glory to lead people to Jesus. Also, it's been a while since I've played out in a band, so it would be awesome to start that process and see where God takes me. I'm planning on releasing my first single, JESUS IS ALIVE everywhere on January 7, 2022.

What is your favorite Bible verse that inspires you to praise God through music? 

2 Chronicles 20:21-22. I like the story how Jehoshaphat put musicians IN FRONT of his army. God told him through Jahaziel (Zechariah's son) that God will fight the battle and they should not be afraid, and Jehoshaphat trusted the Lord and the army didn't even need to fight. There's power in praise and worship!

Let us know where we can follow you and your music and give us any last words ofencouragement, advice or anything else you wish to add. 

You can find me everywhere: Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Tumblr. The best place to find me though, is my website www.mrweaverface.com As for words of encouragement, praise and worship is VERY important. Jesus is ready to fight battles on your behalf. His name has power and I'm very thankful of His victory on the Cross.

instagram.com/mrweaverface facebook.com/mrweaverface youtube.com/mrweaverface

No comments:

Conquerors

Popular Posts