Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Martin Bailey and his inspiring hymnal music

 Please tell us about your musical journey in Christ. How long have you been making music? Any formal training? Professional experience?  

My song writing journey started in 1991 when I was 19 years old, however influence in wanting to write music was 10 years earlier when I heard Queen's greatest hits, and I was hooked on Queen, other music influences on the way were 80s synth pop and Manchester indie music, I learned to play the organ from the age of 10 into my teens. I have no formal training or professional experience. I'm now 49 years old and started learning the piano 12 months ago, and been releasing music on streaming services since 2018.



What music inspires you the most (Christian or secular)? Name your favorites. 

Secular: Queen / rock music - Erasure / 80s synth pop, Manchester indie music such as, James, Stone Roses, Happy Mondays and Inspiral Carpets. 

Christian: Delirious LZ7 P.O.D. Switchfoot, Chris Tomlin, Michael W Smith

How has making music made a difference in your Christian walk?

It gives me a focus, I feel God guiding me 

What do you do to stay sharp with your God given skills? Do you have a daily routine?

I have a day job, so my song writing happens in the evenings, thought I'm always getting inspiration through my bible study and daily experiences 

What projects are you working on now? What are your hopes for them?

Yes I have a song idea in my head, however I due to move house soon, so my mancave is currently in boxes

What is your favorite Bible verse that inspires you to praise God through music? 

Jer 29: 11-14 & Joshua 1:9

Let us know where we can follow you and your music and give us any last words of encouragement, advice or anything else you wish to add. 

Seek God's plan for your life, stay true to who God is showing you, who you are, try not to follow other people's journey, stay on your own, though do seek advice and guidance from others. Fill the space God created for you to fill.

https://linktr.ee/martinsbailey Latest release: And I Love You So https://spoti.fi/3DOfWwW

No comments:

Conquerors

Popular Posts