Monday, January 10, 2022

Christian Musician Denise Foster Feature

 It's my pleasure to feature new Christian musical talent always on this blog so please enjoy this profile and following review of Denise Foster's music.

  1. Please tell us about your musical journey in Christ. How long have you been making music? Any formal training? Professional experience? 

    Growing up in my day, you were expected to sing in the choir, and in my case my family group. There really was not a choice. As an adult, I have continued to sing in choirs and Christian bands. Primarily in prison and nursing home ministry. I do not have any formal training. I am not a professional. I was challenged by my Pastor to write and record a song in 2019. It is titled I Am Somebody. Now, this has become an on-the-job training journey. I just enjoy music especially when it brings glory to God. It really is about being obedient to the call.


    Denise Foster image
    Denise Foster


    1. What music inspires you the most (Christian or secular)? Name your favorites. 

      I am inspired mostly by Christian music. My favorites are Tasha Cobb, Yolanda Adams, Bebe and Cece Winans, and Big Daddy Weave, just to name a few. The artists who influence my style of singing are Oleta Adams and Luther Vandross.


      How has making music made a difference in your Christian walk? 


      I like writing based on scripture. Writing has actually forced me to read scripture on a deeper level. I reflect more on my life and just how much Jesus has and is constantly changing me. I read scripture trying to see it from not just one point of view. I can read a scripture today that I have read many times before and see something that I had not seen before. It is really amazing.


      What projects are you working on now? What are your hopes for them? 


      I am constantly writing lyrics and hearing melodies. I am presently working on a new release with my producer "G" of Gem Cutter Studios. I don't play any instruments so the process is not as fast as I would like it to be. I am grateful for every song that I am able to see come to fruition. My hope for all of my songs is that they inspire hope and spread joy!


      Let us know where we can follow you and your music and give us any last words of encouragement, advice or anything else you wish to add. 


      My music is distributed through Amuse. It is available on most musical platforms I.e. Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Deezer, Twitter, Facebook, Soundcloud. We are Ambassadors for Christ. Whatever gift or talent we have been given to reflect the Jesus in us, share it, be obedient to the call. Whatever you bring to the table great or small is something someone else needs.


      Post any and all social media links to where more information about you or your band's music can be found. 


      https://open.spotify.com/artist/3deqHKG7OlhNFh3GkFc1oU?si=HlDsq5UpSN2xfeQhcZK_KA


      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCofPk37-o84sko4HeVnoDiA


      https://www.facebook.com/DeniseFosterMusic


      https://twitter.com/DeniseFMusic1


      You Are Mine -- Denise Foster


      MUSIC REVIEW by John Byk


      You Are Mine is a song based on the parable of the lost sheep found in the gospel of Matthew 18:12. The song begins with a resounding plea (either to or from God depending upon your theology) to "Make me your choice" and continues to unfold this pericope in a pleasant gospel soul melody which Ms. Foster presents convincingly, sticking close to Scripture and you can't go wrong when you do that!


      The song ends with a spoken word question repeated verbatim from the lips of our Savior as reported in the parable: "If a man has a hundred sheep and one goes astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine to seek the one that is lost?" It's a good reminder that Jesus was most often referred to in biblical times as 'The Good Shepherd' and unless you live in an agricultural environment, this very important reference probably means little to you.


      Another video on Denise's YouTube playlist which was released in January, 2021, is more social gospel and less personal in theme and is entitled, Lord Help! This song rocks a little more and the singer truly delivers on vocals here singing, "There's only one race, the humankind!" And as in the previous track, Ms. Foster goes up and down the scale a bit in her vocal range without missing a note or a beat. Check it out and follow this enthusiastic new talent on any of her social links listed above!




No comments:

Conquerors

Popular Posts