Thursday, October 28, 2021

John Wesley Osborn and Royal Diadem

With a name like John Wesley, you have to express interest in this hard rock Christian musician who is the featured artist of the week. Enjoy this interview with John.    

Please tell us about your musical journey in Christ. How long have you been making music? Any formal training? Professional experience? 

I have been making music as long as I can remember. I would play random stuff on the piano the same way twice and call it a song. I always had a sense of order when it came to songwriting but I never formally developed it until much later. I started off learning piano but by year 4 I got tired of it and switched to guitar. I was formally trained in college for composition and I played bass in many different musical settings such as orchestra, jazz combo, gospel and rock. I toured with my college ensembles a lot in college and was very fortunate to travel across many parts of the US and some of Europe. Aside from that, I seem to have always been in projects or bands where I was the primary composer/songwriter. I guess people trusted me enough to let me run the show!

 What genre would you consider your music to BEST fit into?

Royal Diadem is best described as symphonic hard rock. It’s very melodic yet explosive in sound and utilizes orchestral and choral layering to give it a colossal delivery. I basically was shooting to be the “happier” version of bands like Red and Skillet.


John Wesley Osborn

 

What music inspires you the most (Christian or secular)?

Music that inspires me the most has to be in the spirit of excellence. I want to hear and feel the artist give everything they have. This can happen in any genre but as far as me personally I’ve always been drawn to heavier music because it requires so much soul, energy and precision. I value the symbiotic relationship between smart song-writing and ambitious musicianship.

How has making music made a difference in your Christian walk?  

Making music is an act of worship in my Christian walk. Everything I make is for His glory. I think of it as bringing an offering to the Lord. It is very important to me for anything presented to God should be done in the most excellent way our abilities can achieve. To give anything less than you can would be inadequate for He is Creator and giver of these gifts we get to use.

What projects are you working on now? What are your hopes for them?

With the release of my debut worship album “Jesus Over All” set for release, I can finally take a little bit of a breather from this project and swing my focus back on my other band Diatheke which is my “brain-child” project where I really unleash my classical training expressed in a progressive metal fashion. My hope for Royal Diadem and Diatheke both is to inspire and take the listener on a journey and spread the hope of Christ in unique ways. My goal isn’t to make it to the “big time” with my music but if it can be used to impact others for good then I consider that great success.

What do you do to stay sharp with your God given skills? Do you have a daily routine?

I unfortunately don’t practice anywhere near as much as I should and I do not have a daily routine. I do however soak up as much as I can when I listen to other music and constantly think of ways I can adapt what I hear into my own ideas to expand my horizons.

What is your favorite Bible verse that inspires you to praise God through music?

My favorite Bible verse in general is Galatians 2:20. It is no longer I who live, but Christ in me. My hope and prayer is for everything I do, music or something else, to reflect this verse. It is not for any of my glory I do what I do. Christ is to be magnified above all. He alone is worthy. 

Let us know where we can follow you and your music and give us any last words of encouragement, advice or anything else you wish to add.

You can stream the new Royal Diadem album wherever you can find music be it Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube or wherever. Please follow me on Facebook, Instagram and TikTok to stay up to date on all my whereabouts and what’s to come in the future. Thank you for taking the time to check out my worship album and I pray you feel God closer to you than ever before this season of life. Don’t settle for just knowing about your Creator, KNOW your Creator for He loves you!  

https://www.facebook.com/royaldiademmusic

Linktree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8DYN5sdQwE

No comments:

Conquerors

Popular Posts