Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Chris Sarver also has some new songs in Christ

 Not to be overlooked are Christian singer/songwriters who often fly under the radar in the seemingly limitless ocean of talent in the world. Chris Sarver is one of them and I'm always happy to feature any member in the Body of Christ who can carry and produce a good tune. Please enjoy this artist's thoughtful responses:

Please tell us about your musical journey in Christ. How long have you been making music? Any formal training? Professional experience?

I have been hearing and writing music for 15, or so, years; and I have been actually having it produced and released for the last few months. No formal training or professional experience. 

Chris Sarver on Spotify

What music inspires you the most (Christian or secular)? Name your favorites.

Inspires is a hard word. I feel like I have been inspired over the years to want to make music by everything from Pink Floyd and the Beatles, to NOFX and Tupac to Bach and Beethoven, really anything that I felt was written with genuine creativity, talent, and passion that also made me feel something in that part of our spirit that we don’t know about. God put a connection to chords and melodies and words in the depths of our souls and there are many artists and styles that have made it into that place for me. But I don’t try to sound like those influences, I just try to capture whatever I hear and make it into something accessible that speaks to that place in other people’s spirits. 

How has making music made a difference in your Christian walk?

I don’t know that it has made much of a difference. I have always felt connected to God through music and I try to know Him more as I grow and mature. It has encouraged me to write my thoughts out more often because I don’t tend to share them quite as eloquently when I’m speaking. It is fun to write songs that honor Him and will hopefully draw others closer to Him, but I suppose my walk would be similar if not the same with or without music. 

What do you do to stay sharp with your God given skills? Do you have a daily routine?

No daily routine. I write as I feel inspired. I have a few hundred songs (while only a few dozen of them are ones I would publish) so I write fairly often through some season, and almost not at all through others. 

What projects are you working on now? What are your hopes for them?

I am in the process of having a hand full of songs produced. My hopes for them, ultimately that they do whatever He has for them to do (forgive the cliche response), but, as I don’t know his plans, mine are that they either lead to me finding a band of like minded musicians to share this music, or reach enough of an audience to fuel the creation of more. 

What is your favorite Bible verse that inspires you to praise God through music? 

This is an impossible question to answer as it is constantly changing. Maybe the idea of psalm 139 comes across in a lot of what I write. 

Let us know where we can follow you and your music and give us any last words of encouragement, advice or anything else you wish to add.

My name is Chris Sarver and my songs are wherever you typically go to listen to music. I guess I would suggest starting with Grace on Fire as a first song. And if you do, make sure you get to the bridge. Thanks guys. Hopefully much more will come.


1 comment:

Eric Abbott said...

Chris Sarver has some of the best, *Under the radar* songs lyrically that is just brilliant. Not only that, but his heart for the Lord matches what he preaches and sings. He is genuine and deserves every piece of recognition that he gets anywhere from anyone regarding him and his music.

I pray for this guy every morning. I hope his music takes off, I truly think it would bring so many people close to our savior.

Conquerors

Popular Posts