Thursday, January 13, 2022

Biblical Hired Gun

 “Be careful not to perform your righteous acts before men to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven." (Matthew 6:1)

I started watching this documentary on Amazon Prime video last night, Hired Gun, about pop rock studio musicians who remain nameless to the public instead of having worked with some of the most famous acts in the world. The arrogance portrayed by most of these artists was nauseating despite their unquestionable great talent so I didn't get very far into the film before shutting it down.



When I started this blog a little more than two months (and over 12,000 page visits) ago, I naively assumed that so called Christian musicians were different--that I was different, and that selfishness and ego took a back seat to glorifying the Lord through sight and sound. How disappointed I've become in such a short time.

The stage spotlight is the devil's snare. It illuminates the pride of life and lust of the eyes more than anything. Over and over I've heard the mantra: "My music is meant to glorify the Lord and to reach the lost!" Is it really? Who is being served by you being the center of attention? By me being the center of attention? We have become so warped in our thinking about popularity and the Satanic lies and Prosperity Gospel teaching that Christ, if He were to return today,  would truly ask, "Is there faith to be found on earth?" (Luke 18:8)

As I've mentioned before, I used to freely interview authors and to write and promote books B.C. (Before Christ) and the disregard and thankfulness I experienced in the secular world for taking my time to help others reach success was pretty much the norm. Some writers even started to demand that I do more for free! Give an inch....

Anyhow, having sadly experienced pretty much the same in the Christian music world in such a short time as I did in the secular book world, I decided to be more practical and start charging for promotion now that I'm averaging hundreds of page views per day. I've had a couple of sales through my gig page at fiverr.com and that's fine but what I really feel like I'm commissioned to do by God is to keep on with this series of posts about music in the Bible, starting in Genesis and ending in Revelation. I don't need to beg, cajole or sell anything and the Lord has already blessed me with all spiritual blessings in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 1:3) You probably will never hear my band Patient Chill's music on K-LOVE radio (although it's reaching 1 million listeners daily in London, England now) and I might never be the world's most successful blogger or writer, but you know what? What I do, I do unto the Lord with Holy Spirit guided awesomeness and I'm happy to remain a pretty much unknown except to my Jewish carpenter boss. 




No comments:

Conquerors

Popular Posts