Friday, November 5, 2021

Andrew Gazaway and Dark Horse

 This horse is a sure bet and guaranteed to rock your way into the Kingdom of God. Enjoy these answers from Christian rock musician, Andrew Gazaway.

Please tell us about your musical journey in Christ. How long have you been making music? Any formal training? Professional experience? 

Hello, thanks for having me for this interview. Always great to meet a fellow Christian who is passionate about music. My musical journey started when my dad gave me a Keith Green cd when I was around 7yrs old and it was then that I knew I wanted to make music for Jesus. Mom got me started on guitar lessons when I was 12 and made sure I stuck with it. I've been a fan of Christian rock since I can remember...Petra, Audio A, DC Talk, Newsboys, Delirious, the Supertones, you name it I've probably jammed to it. So, its a fun journey to be on and a dream come true to now be making my own music for Jesus. 



What genre would you consider your music to BEST fit into? 

I just call it Christian rock...Some would maybe say hard rock. I don't know, I try to be metal, but I'm just not heavy enough haha. It's a bit retro, lead by the 6 string with straightforward beats and driving bass. I've been working hard to become more melodic and incorporate more harmony on vocals and guitar. 

What music inspires you the most (Christian or secular)? 

Well definitely Christian music has been the most influential on my life and my walk with Christ. I also enjoy Malmsteen, who has a God given talent unlike any I've ever heard, if he knows it or not I dont know. And the band Sabaton is one I'm really into lately. I like how they theme their band around history, they do really well engaging the listener. But Christian music will always be my passion because Jesus is the King of my life.

How has making music made a difference in your Christian walk?

Making music is my way of reaching out to God and telling others what I've found. Its my purpose, so I'm definitely happiest with a guitar in my hands. For me, I've always found Gods presence closest during worship at church. I'm one of the guitarist on my church worship team and it keeps me in practice, a great group of musicians. 

What projects are you working on now? What are your hopes for them? 

So, I just released DARKHORSE HERO'S second album 'Living for a Bigger Kingdom' which has been a wonderful journey over the past year recording the music and writing the lyrics. I did all the guitars, bass and vocals and even landed special guest, Christian Liljegren (Narnia) on the title track. It was a lot of fun and hard work and my hope is for fellow believers to be encouraged to keep the faith and take up their cross everyday. Its a collection of songs, 11 in fact, with the driving theme that we are living for a bigger Kingdom, so stand firm in your faith. If you're a fan of Christian rock, you'll love it! 

What is your favorite Bible verse that inspires you to praise God through music? 

Oh man, one verse, that is a tough question haha. Well I would say my pastor did a message several years ago on Micah 6:8 and ever since that verse has been on my mind everyday. Not necessarily just a music thing, but life in general. Micah 6:8 pretty much sums it all up. Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness and to walk humbly with your God? 

 Let us know where we can follow you and your music and give us any last words of encouragement, advice or anything else you wish to add.

Yes, you can follow me on Facebook and YouTube @Darkhorse Hero. You can also friend me @Andrew Gazaway on Facebook where I post stuff I'm up to from time to time, plus me and my friends love to have a good time everyday with shenanigans and memes and stuff;) My music is pretty much on every streaming platform known to mankind, so should be easy to find and add to your playlists. Thank you for having me on this interview, it really means a lot brother. And I would encourage everyone to keep your faith in Jesus and to seek first his Kingdom, its the only thing in this world that matters. Blessings, Andrew.


DARKHORSE HERO Facebook 


YouTube 


Spotify 


Email darkhorsehero@gmail.com





No comments:

Conquerors

Popular Posts