Sunday, November 7, 2021

Christian rapper, Prodigal Sean McNary, returns home to sing about Jesus

 Enjoy these thoughtful and inspiring responses from Sean McNary a.k.a. Prodigal Sean:


Please tell us about your musical journey in Christ. How long have you been making music? Any formal training? Professional experience?

I have been making music since about 1997, but just recently in 2017 changed over to Christian rap. I started out just listening to different genres, which led to me hearing Bone Thugs N Harmony and memorizing their lyrics and what not. That made me start creating my own music. As far as formal training, I developed the skills I have through practice and repetition. I studied the 4 count in bars, and once I figured out bars the sky was the limit as far as creating verses and cadences. When it comes to professional experience, I have 2 degrees in which I have recently obtained @MediaTech Institute, (2 time valedictorian by the way) in which one degree being Audio Engineering and the other Digital Film.

What genre would you consider your music to BEST fit into?

Though I have participated in the carnal realm in the past, I consider my music to be Christian, because now I am taking real scripture verbatim and applying it to my lyrics. Making verses with verses.

Sean McNary a.k.a Prodigal Sean


How has making music made a difference in your Christian walk?

Out of Christian music and secular music, Christian inspires me the most, because the nicest secular song you can think of probably has no substance what so ever, but the wackiest Christian song can enlighten you with a message. Making Christian music has made a difference in my Christian walk by keeping me aware and conscious of the decisions I make, being that my music is strong with bible wisdom, if my action doesn't line up then people won't respect the Word, and look at me as a hypocrite. I am but a sinner still, not perfect, but it helps keep me in line.

What do you do to stay sharp with your God given skills? Do you have a daily routine?

To stay sharp with my God given skills, for one I try to read and eat the Word an hour a day, so when I create a topic I find it in the bible and keen in on it. For two, I try to constantly brainstorm and jot down ideas for songs and chorus’. No I don't have a daily routine, because I feel like you have to be ready to move in any direction on Christ’s command. Can't get set in a certain way. Just my opinion.

What projects are you working on now? What are your hopes for them?

I am currently working on an album called “RED SEA”, but I have completed work that is unreleased that will be coming out prior to RED SEA. There are two more parts to The Prodigal Sean album, and I have a finished mixtape named “Garden of Gesemane”, ready to hit the streets. My hopes for them are that they get into the hands and ears of the right people and change as many lives as possible, and to open as many eyes as I can.

What is your favorite Bible verse that inspires you to praise God through music?

The Scriptures say in Mark 2:17, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick. I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.” This inspires me because Ive been ridiculed for performing Christian music in strip clubs and in sinful environments, but this Bible verse justifies my actions.

Let us know where we can follow you and your music and give us any last words of encouragement, advice or anything else you wish to add.

Satan roameth the earth seeking whom he may destroy. Keep guard and hold stedfast.

Prodigal-

Thanks for the opportunity and time. You guys can follow me on Facebook @ PRODIGAL SEAN, Church of Christ Entertainment, and Sean McNary

On instagram you can follow prodigalsean44, and YouTube just search Prodigal Sean

I am available on all streaming platforms as well...Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Tidal, etc. Just search Prodigal Sean. Thanks again.

Facebook


Facebook Page


Spotify


YouTube


Instagram




No comments:

Conquerors

Popular Posts