Thursday, November 11, 2021

KHANCHUZ is the wise and talented Christian Urban Gospel rapper

 Check out this L.A. native brother's bio and dig his music also:

Please tell us about your musical journey in Christ. How long have you been making
music? Any formal training? Professional experience?

   
 My musical journey in "Christ" began in 2002 when  I dedicated my life to the Lord  realizing  my gift to rap came from God. I felt obligated to use my gift to glorify Him, I changed My Name from "Sleep" to "Khanchuz- pronounced Conscious" and stopped rapping about the street and glorifying sin and that's when I started making music for God but  I've been making music for a little over 30 years.  Formerly known as "Sleep" I've had the chance to perform on many stages in Hollywood and other venues throughout Los Angeles as a secular artist But not anything major to say.  Most of my professional experience has come from doing gospel music. I was on a Christian record label called Prophecy records which produced my 1st album "Khanchuz the prophecy project". I was the host of club Judah in Los Angeles for 5 years and numerous Christian and community events and venues throughout California and a few other states.  


What genre would you consider your music to BEST fit into?

I consider my style of music to be in a genre all by itself that I like to call "urban gospel rap".

 What music inspires you the most (Christian or secular)?

The music that inspires me the most is any kind of music Christian or secular that has  a positive Uplifting message and the artist has content and their lyrics.  But I primarily listened to gospel rap.

 How has making music made a difference in your Christian walk?

The difference that Making Christian music has had to my personal walk with God is accountability. I feel more accountable for my actions because I know some people do follow me  For the purpose of seeing God's glory in my life Hopefully as an encouragement in their own personal walk with God.

 What do you do to stay sharp with your God given skills? Do you have a daily routine?

To stay sharp with my God-given skills is no "daily routine" for me. What I mean is I just simply stay in tune with God to my best abilities and recognize life experiences that I should project in my music in hopes to uplift someone with my talents.

 What projects are you working on now? What are your hopes for them?

I'm not currently in the studio working on any new projects  but I am writing new lyrics  with hopes to be ready when the opportunity comes again. 

 What is your favorite Bible verse that inspires you to praise God through music?

 If I would have to pick one particular Bible verse that inspires me to Praise God through music it would be "The Great Commission " Matthew 28:16-20.

 Let us know where we can follow you and your music and give us any last words of encouragement, advice or anything else you wish to add.

You Can follow me on any social media platform @KHANCHUZ   because I put Khanchuz on everything lol  or simply Google "Khanchuz". My name is that original  Google will only recognize me.. Now the best words of encouragement that I could leave you with is to quote the Greatest of the great, the King of all kings "Jesus Christ" when he said "to love God 1st with all your heart and to love your neighbor as yourself".  So My motto is "if you keep a smile on God's face everything will fall in place". Stop trying to be the G.O.A.T. (Jesus has that spot covered ) Let's focus on being the S.H.E.E.P. (Servant Helping Everyone Enter Paradise). 






No comments:

Conquerors

Popular Posts