Thursday, December 2, 2021

Steve Monty: Music man for Jesus in Oz

 Let's not forget Christian musicians from the Land Down Under! Steve Monty reminds us of the thriving song scene in Oz:

Please tell us about your musical journey in Christ. How long have you been making music? Any formal training? Professional experience?  

Most of my life I have worked as a solo entertainer guitar and piano and with rock bands.I gave the bands away once I decided to follow Christ.

What music inspires you the most (Christian or secular)? Name your favorites. 

Positive Gospel songs of Faith

Steve Monty


How has making music made a difference in your Christian walk? 

I have had many blessings and seen songs I have written get results with unsaved friends to having a faith in the living Jesus, by giving them an album to take home . 

What do you do to stay sharp with your God given skills? Do you have a daily routine?

I live and work on my farm in theEastern highlands of Tasmania down under. I talk to The Lord in the paddocks and He gives me songs to glorify Him out of His word, mainly in the early morning .

What projects are you working on now? What are your hopes for them? 

To obtain my own aircraft to take music and the gospel into remote inland Australia.

What is your favorite Bible verse that inspires you to praise God through music? 

Magnify Him with thanksgiving for all the wonders that He's done, Sing aloud of His power

Let us know where we can follow you and your music and give us any last words of encouragement, advice or anything else you wish to add. 

I have only just finished the album and am happy to send you a few copies once the final printing is done. It is a collection of 18 songs. My email is stevemontymusic@gmail.com

Connect with Steve on Facebook


No comments:

Conquerors

Popular Posts